[SI-LIST] Re: ppm related question

  • From: david mullenex <mullenex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, Anand Srinivasan <sanand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:20:20 -0700 (PDT)

Anand,

While the problem my be in your switch clocking scheme,
I suggest that you verify your test bed setup first. I
suspect that the IXIA is configured to send 100% line
rate at the high end of the allowable clock rate, i.e.
at the +50ppm setting to ostensibly stress you switch
design. The inter-packet gap (IPG) on you packet
generator may also be set to a minimum while your
switch is set to a higher IPG.

Good luck,
David.