[SI-LIST] modeling and simulating transmission line

  • From: Harish K Subramanian <justanotherthought@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:42:02 -0700 (PDT)

Group,
I am a graduate student trying to model and simulate
transmission lines and estimate signal integrity, a
project which I have about a month to complete.
Here's what I need to do:
(1) Simulate a lumped parameter (RLCG) line and see
propagation of a signal (eye pattern) and measure the
eye pattern properties (noise margin, jitter), which I
intend to automate in the simulation, ie, the output
of the code displays the values.
(2) Simulate a distributed parameter line and do the
same. Here, I know the s-parameters for a bunch of
frequencies.
Both of these to be done in MATLAB.

I have some control and DSP background, but no e-mag
background.. so I am a little lost on where to start -
and how to go about it. I'd appreciate any help I can
get.

Thanks.
Harish

=====
Subramanian
Harish K Subramanian
Department of Electrical & Computer Engg.
Univeersity of Texas at Austin
7600 Woodhollow Dr #120
Austin TX 78731

List archives are viewable at: