[SI-LIST] Re: matching differential impedance for edge-coupled lines

  • From: "S. Weir" <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:01:29 -0700

Perry, the closer the lines get, the lower the odd mode, and the higher the
even mode.  Somewhat conversely, making the dielectric thinner pushes the
even mode down faster than the odd mode.  It makes a field solver a nice
program to have.

The problem with only terminating the odd mode is that you will have even
mode reflections in the line, putting you at the mercy of the common mode
performance of the receiver.

Regards,

Steve.