[SI-LIST] cross-talk between differential lines

  • From: andrea.salamon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:27:20 +0100 (CET)

Hallo

I need to know how to calculate the cross-talk between two parallel
differential lines over a solid ground plane (see figure below).

   L1-    L1+            L2-    L2+
  -----  -----          -----  -----
-------------------------------------- GND

Just to be clear, I need to know the differential signal induced on the
couple (L1- L1+) by a differential signal propagating on the couple
(L2- L2+) as a function of all the electrical and geometrical parameters
of the system.

Please note that these lines will be used to transmit LVDS or LVPECL
signals in a standard FR4 PCB. The period of the propagating signals will
be in the range 400 MHz - 1 GHz. The lines are located over a solid ground
plane on the top level of the board.

Can you please tell where I can find the formulas for the cross-talk?
Indication of tools, books or articles will be apreciated.

Can you please also suggest me a good book on transmission lines (talking
about reflections cross-talk and so on)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Regards

Andrea Salamon

 INFN Sez Roma II                      |  CERN
 Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 1      |  CH-1211 Geneve 23
 00133 Roma Italia                     |  Suisse

 Tel: +39-06-72594500                  |  Tel: +41-22-7679337
 Fax: +39-06-2025259                   |

 E-mail: andrea.salamon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  E-mail: andrea.salamon@xxxxxxx

List archives are viewable at: