[SI-LIST] Re: XTK error

  • From: "Wilco Hamhuis" <w.hamhuis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sivakumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:59:05 +0100

Sivakumar,

it is not a license problem, but something with your database. Did isf2xtk
and xfx run without any errors (especially isf2xtk, check the qif2xtk.log
file for the 'ERROR' statement)? Some hints:

1) simulate the design without crosstalk or simulation models. Start with
tmp. Use only a default bi-directional model (which has no errors > simple
model) to simulate the design. Use the INCLUDE_PIN_TYPE in the gcf file to
include the model in your search criteria. If you want you can run xns in a
'syntax check only' mode. Options > default > syntax check only in xns.

2) add your simulation models and re-run the design, again without crosstalk

3) simulate with crosstalk and all simulation models.

4) you are using the Nt version. There is also a ported Unix version,
running on a korn shell. Try to analyse the design with that version. Most
likely you will get a bunch of errors, but it will not crash like the Nt
version. Check the log file to find the net which gives you problems.

5) Perform a clean-up of your Pcb database. Sometimes the dbase contains
small pieces of redundant traces. Not a problem for manufacturing, but most
toolings can't deal with that.

6) run isf2xtk with the -o (off grid) option. But I have never seen that
causing a backend process died...

Wilco Hamhuis
HSSD consultant engineer