[SI-LIST] Transmsision lines

  • From: "Leonard Alexman" <lalexman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:18:02 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to figure out transmission lines and reflections and trying to
understand why if the load is open or a high resistance the voltage that
arrives at the load is doubled and the signal is them reflected back to the
source. I understand there is an impedance mismatch but in all the articles
I have found not explains in basic terms wht the voltage doubles and
reflects back down the line. Can anyone point me to an article that might
explain this in basic terms ?

TIA

Leonard Alexman

List FAQ wiki page is located at: