[SI-LIST] Transmission line behaviour on-chip interconnects

  • From: Abdulrahman Rafiq <arafiqsi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chandaharitha@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:26:35 -0700 (PDT)

harith,

You might want to check out "Field Thoery of Guided Waves", second edition,

by Robert E. collin, IEEE Press, ISBN# 0-87942-237-8

Thanks

Abdulrahman Rafiq

HiI would like to get some source like papers or booksonwhen do we actually
consider transmission linebehaviour of interconnects, Some papers which I
referred explains that if the longest dimesion of the chip is greater or equal
tothe wavelength of the signal then we consider.So what happens when longest
dimesion of the chip isgreater or equal to the wavelength of the signal? Whyare
we considering then only transmission linebehaviour? I would like to understand
the completetheory behind it.ThanksHaritha__________________________________Do
you Yahoo!?Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design
the Subject fieldor to administer your membership from a web page, go
to://www.freelists.org/webpage/si-listFor
help:si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject fieldList
archives are
 viewable at:                   //www.freelists.org/archives/si-listor at