[SI-LIST] Re: Thick vs. thin diff. pairs

  • From: "bratfest" <bratfest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dave.instone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:26:15 -0600

Of possibly further interest... from the other side of the elephant...
*  It is the application... i.e. the number of lines that an engineer wants
to connect..
* and the area that is allowed for this connection... (Chassis spacing,
number of allowed layers, etc)
* and the desired process for placing the connectors on the board (PTH,
press fit, SMT, etc)
* and probably a couple other odds and ends
... that drive the pitch of the connector

BR
Gus