[SI-LIST] Re: TDR VTT Question

  • From: Hal Murray <hmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:05:48 -0700

> While the long-term average numbers of 1's and 0's sent across the bus
> are likely to be equal, I'm looking for the *distribution* of ones and
> zeroes so that I can calculate the likely heat load on the regulator.

Umh.  Seems like it would depend upon what software you are actually running.

I assume you need to design for the worst case.  Clearly somebody will run a
program that transfers mostly 0s or 1s.

I remember a core memory diagnostic that hammered on each word for a while,
trying to heat it up enough to cause problems.

List archives are viewable at: