[SI-LIST] TDR VTT Question

  • From: Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-List Reflector <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:52:55 -0700

Dear All,

I'm working on a design that calls for a linear regulator to
create the VTT for a DDR module. My problem concerns the
likely power dissipation of the device.

While the long-term average numbers of 1's and 0's sent across
the bus are likely to be equal, I'm looking for the *distribution*
of ones and zeroes so that I can calculate the likely heat load
on the regulator.

Does anybody know this off-hand, or can anybody point me to some
paper that might answer my question.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul