[SI-LIST] Staggered IO Layouts

  • From: Adeel AHMAD <adeel.ahmad@xxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:51:37 +0530

Hello all,

I am working on Staggered IOs for which i need information like-
* specific issues to be kept in mind while making Staggered IOs with
respect to its layout.
* effect on ESD response  when using Staggered Pads as compared to In-line
Pads.
* how different is the performance of IOs(and Power pads) when placed in
inner and outer rows of staggered pads (if there is any such difference).
* other issues specific to making Staggered IO/power pads that i need to
keep in mind.

can anyone throw some light on any of these issues or let me know any
web-link/document where i can find detailed information on Staggered pads
and staggered IOs ?

thanks & regards,
Adeel Ahmad
ST Microelectronics