[SI-LIST] Signal Integrity-Simplified, new book

  • From: "Eric Bogatin" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Si-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:39:53 -0500

Hi Folks-

I've been quiet on this list for the past few months because I have
been busy getting my latest book, Signal Integrity- Simplified, into
production with Prentice Hall.

I am pleased to say it is now on the shelves and can be ordered from
Prentice Hall directly at:
http://www.phptr.com/browse/product.asp?product_id={F3924A48-7652-44C6
-BC0D-12279A795515}, or go to the Amazon web site and search on my
last name.

Many of the newbie questions I see posted on this list are answered in
this book, on such topics as bandwidth and rise time, inductance,
impedance, characteristic impedance, differential impedance, odd mode
impedance, guard traces, cross talk, far end noise, dissipation
factor, skin depth effects, and many more.

The key message in this book, and the theme for my Printed Circuit
Design and Manufacture magazine column, is "putting in the numbers". I
think this is the most important process for every engineer. It can
help distinguish myths from reality. It can also unambiguously answer
many of the "controversial" questions that are brought up in this
forum.

In my book, we introduce many of the important concepts used in signal
integrity and then illustrate how we can use both measurement and
calculation to "put in the numbers" so that we can quantify how large
the effect might be and then determine whether to worry or not. I
think many of you will find this book useful.

I have an important offer about the book. While I, and my editors,
worked hard to eliminate all errors, I know a few snuck back in. If
anyone finds an error, even if it's just a comma missing or a typo, if
you are the first one to find this error and point it out to me, you
will get a coffee mug with my "No Myths Allowed" logo on it.

Here are the details:

1) send me a note, off line. I've set up a special email account:
SI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2) include the page and where on the page the error is, what you think
the error is and what you think the right answer should be.

3) if this is a real error and you are the first person to identify
it, I will send you the mug.

4) please be sure to include your snail mail address.

If you have any specific questions about material in the book, you can
also send it to this special email address: SI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy reading.

--eric

Recently published by Prentice Hall,
Signal Integrity-Simplified, by Eric Bogatin

Attend the GTL Signal Integrity University in Richardson, TX  -  Oct
16-23

GTL 122 - Fundamental Principles of Signal Integrity
GTL 250 - High Speed Board Design
GTL 260 - Interconnect Models from Measurement
Dr. Eric Bogatin
CTO, GigaTest Labs
26235 w 110th Terr
Olathe, KS 66061