[SI-LIST] Re: Routing 10G differential lines over Standard FR-4

  • From: Mahesh Chandra <mahesh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: billw@xxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:46:15 +0530

For well designed differential pairs do you need to be concerned about vias
to power planes ?
I assumed as long as differential pairs are very closely matched, vias to
power planes was not a concern since the RF return current is in the
differential pair itself and not through the power plane

Mahesh

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org