[SI-LIST] Re: Questions about Compliance interconnect magnitude response and ISI loss in XAUI standard

  • From: Vinu Arumugham <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liuluping@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:41:33 -0800

Luping,

It may be useful to define a compliance interconnect as one that is used for
stress testing and a compliant interconnect as one that would be used in a
product. A compliant interconnect should fall above the limit line. Compliance
interconnects should fall below the limit line. So, channels with greater loss
(than the limit line ) are considered valid for stress testing.

Thanks,
Vinu

iuluping 41830 wrote:
> Dear  SI-listers:
>
>    802.3-2005_section4 Clause 47.4.1 and Figure 47-6 specify the
> characteristics for a test chanel that is refered to in the clause as a
> "Compliance Interconnect".
> The figure gives a S21(limit) line which the transmission magnitude response
> ,|S21|,of the Compliance Interconnect in dB should smaller than it.
> In general,channel specifications typically provide  a limit line for
> attenuation,which represents the maximum allowed attenuation value ,
> i.e.the channel attenuation must be less than than the limit line .Losses are
> usually indicated in dB,and increase positively along the y-axis ,
> However ,we see that this is not the case for Figure 47-6.We also see that
> the response for a  sample compliance interconnect is provided on the plot,
> and that this response is below the limit line, however the y-axis is labeld
> in negative dB ,what does this mean?Is it means that the channel with
> greater loss are considered valid ?
>
> Best Regards,
> Luping Liew
> CAD/SI Engineer
> Network Interconnect Research Department
> Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd.
> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
> Bantian,Longgang,Shenzhen 518129 P.R.C.
> Tel:+86-755-28972154 28780808
> Fax:+86-755-28978853
> E-mail:liuluping@xxxxxxxxxx
> URL:http://www.huawei.com
> This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
> which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
> above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but
> not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination)
> by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive
> this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or em
> ail immediately and delete it!

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at: