[SI-LIST] Re: PCIe Oscilloscope

  • From: Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EdiFraiman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

We use Tektronix 71604 - 16GHz scope for the PCI Express 2.0 you can get by
with a 71604 - 8GHZ for PCI Express 1.0 for some of our measurements (tx eye,
voltage levels, rise/fall time).  Are you looking at rx_eye and compliance as
well?  (ie BER, jitter tolerance, transfer, gen) you will need to look at a
serial JBERT  (BERT scope has one we are looking at as well as Agilent N4903A -
7Gb/s).
-Jory