[SI-LIST] Re: OT: Overvoltage breakdown on 120 nm silicon?

  • From: Dimiter Popoff <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:05:13 +0200

Hi Alfred,

>And it seems like the CPU is still functional after the bad address
>event, right?

Yes, it is - often it just lands on a bad opcode because of using
that return address but I also verified it before it used it.

>If that's the case, how about dumping the stack to see it was correct
>on the stack? bad in the cache?  how about force cache flush/fetch,
>etc.

It is on the stack allright, bad. No coherency issues, it stays
there and gets flushed bad...

>Can you stop several hundred opcode before and then run? Will
>it fail with bad address too?  If so, may be set a data breakpoint
>on write the to stack address and see if the write was successful
>when reading back?

I did that - and depending on where I stop it the failure goes.
I have no practical way to set a data write breakpoint at the
moment, though.

>How does the bad return address differs from expected?  bit error?
>Completely bad?  Is the stack pointer valid?

It is totally off the mark, nothing to do with the original
value. But it does show some repeatability - and some correlation
to what I prefill the entire memory with prior to starting
the exercise... Not what I filled it with, though, no such
nice gifts :-).

Dimiter

>From: "alfred1520list" <alfred1520list@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,