[SI-LIST] Re: OT: Overvoltage breakdown on 120 nm silicon?

  • From: Chris Johnson <cjohnson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Dimiter Popoff <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:45:19 -0500

Could you be having a problem with what is being fetched from memory,
versus the CPU itself?  Are you running out of the cache or internal
memory at the point that it crashes?  If not, you could try to force the
code to be in internal memory and see if that changes the behavior.

Are there any Tantalum or electrolytic caps that are near their voltage
spec that could be an issue?

I assume that changing the power up sequence back to the way it was
initially makes no difference?

Chris

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net