[SI-LIST] Re: MATLAB for SI

  • From: "Abe (Abbas) Riazi" <ariazi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:10:01 -0700

=20
> In addition to PERL, I think GNU Octave and Scilab deserve a mention,
> they're free, somewhat documented, and I believe it's Octave whose own

>language is supposed to be compatible with MATLAB syntax.
>On the other hand, Scilab has a lot of toolboxes, and a SIMULINK style
simulator.

Another mathematical software offering a wide range of=20
signal integrity applications is Mathcad.

For instance, Mathcad can be utilized to compute the impedance
for various transmission line geometries (such as microstrip, stripline,
and coplanar), to ascertain spectral content of digital signals (via
Fourier transform), to evaluate signal quality degradations caused
by impedance discontinuities and crosstalk, and to model and simulate
high-speed serial links (accounting for channel losses, pre-emphasis
and equalization).

Four books which describe some of the SI applications of Mathcad are
listed
below:

1. D. Norte, "Learn Signal Integrity Design Principles With Mathcad",
   102 pages.

2. H. Johnson and M. Graham, "High-Speed Digital Design A Handbook Of
   Black Magic", Pages 409 - 439.

3. D. Brooks, "Signal Integrity Issues and Printed Circuit Board
Design",
  Pages 19 - 21.

4. H. Johnson and M. Graham, 'High-Speed Signal Propagation Advanced
   Black Magic", Pages 249 - 250.

Best Regards,

Abe

List technical documents are available at: