[SI-LIST] Hspice Limitations

  • From: Parthasarathy Sampath <parthsv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:21:58 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,
  I have a question regarding Hspice capability.
  I am right now working on oscillator with Invertor
as its feedback to produce oscillations. The o/p of
oscillator is fed to a trigger ciruit to produce
pulse.
  For closed loop simulation without the schmitt
circuitry, the o/p of oscillator o/p moves almost
rail-rail. If i include schmitt trigger, the o/p swing
of oscillator reduces.
 Moreover there is no o/p from schmitt ckty even
though the schmitt trigger is set to trip within that
range.
 My colleagues say it might be due to limitations of
Hspice tools.
 Please comment on this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Partha!