[SI-LIST] Re: How good are tools to predict Radiated Emissions ?

  • From: "Mehta, Darshan" <darshan_mehta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Shiraz.Bashir@xxxxxx>, "SI-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:54:04 +0530

Hi Shiraz,

EMI is serious issue and cause lot of money if you have got EMI problem
in your board. We have tools called HyperLynx and Quiet Expert which can
help you to identify the EMI issues at the initial stage of the design.
In HyperLynx you can view the EMI plot (Radiation in terms of dB v/s
Frequency like what you see in Spectral Analyzer) for a particular net
to find out how much radiation is generated from particular net. Quiet
Expert is DRC based tool which can help you to solve the EMI problems.
Quiet Expert advisor will suggest you the various ways which can help
you to solve the EMI problem at the initial stage of design. If you are
interested to know more about these products, let me know.

Thanks,

Darshan Mehta
Field Application Engineer, ICX and HyperLynx
Mentor Graphics, Bangalore India
Ph:  +91(80)-3051-4041
fax: +91(80)-3051-4004
cell:+91(988)-015-6127