From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Kai Keskinen
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:31 PM
To: weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx; Shiraz.Bashir@xxxxxx; SI-List
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: How good are tools to predict Radiated Emissions
?

FloEMC passes the IEEE test cases for radiated emissions. It is intended
to model the effects of packaging and takes into account things such as
slots, cavities, EMI gaskets with lower conductivity than metal etc. It
is helpful in creating packaging with high shielding effectiveness. None
of the tools let you take a complex board, stick it into a package or
housing, and then push a button to predict far field emissions.