[SI-LIST] GbE LLC/SNAP

  • From: "N. Paul Taddonio" <paul.taddonio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:49:29 -0400

I apologise for being a bit off-topic, but I don't know where else to ask
questions about current implementations
of Gigabit Ethernet.
Does anybody know of an email reflector for current 1 Gig and 10 Gig Ethernet
developers?

I am working with Gigabit Ethernet serial links and I am wondering about the
variety of ethernet packet formats.
The latest version of IEEE 802.3 seems to have dropped support for the
802.2/802 LLC/SNAP frame format,
and the LLC/SNAP standards have elapsed (have not been updated in over 5 years).

Can anyone comment on this, can I assume that new developement work therefore
has no LLC/SNAP packets?

Or do old ethernet frame formats never die?

Sincerely,

Paul Taddonio

Lead Product Design Engineer

FuturePlus Systems