[SI-LIST] FW: diff pair routing at 10gig

  • From: "Mike Finczak" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:45:06 -0400

Moshe,
        The XFP connector datasheets indicate that bare metal would be
        touching the board. If you use an insulator, it could be routed
        on the outer layer, but would add extra manual labor to install.

        I did not have this option, and routed using two vias. I tried
        to minimize any via stubs by routing the signal through most of
        the via barrel (see the attached picture) and created special
        via padstack that had circular route keepouts in place of any
        internal unconnected via pads.

P.S.    Also double check your BGA's. One the manufacturer's preliminary

        datasheets showed the BGA pin pitch at 1.27 mm, in reality it
        was 1.0 mm.

Regards,
       Mike Finczak
       CopperCAD Design