[SI-LIST] Re: FW: Embedded uStrip - double check me

  • From: Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 02:22:42 -0800

Dear All,

I just used LINPAR v2 on the problem. As mentioned, it allows one to use
a different value for K (and tan Delta) for each layer of dielectric, but
to have comparable results, I used 4.3 and 0.02 for both the dielectric
and the coating. Also, unless you are prepared to do a whole lot of hand
work, LINPAR assumes "level flooding" for each layer, i.e., the coating
looks like the first diagram below and not the second. It would also
require a whole lot of hand work in order to simulate a trapezoidal
cross section for the trace.

That said, this $399 tool predicts 50.60 ohms. Pretty nifty, huh?

Regards,

Paul

Paul Levin
Senior Principal Engineer