[SI-LIST] Effect of Split Planes on Single Stripline Signals

  • From: "Walter" <waltinaustin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:00:14 -0000

I have an application were I am contemplating routing signals across splits in
a plane. Everyone know that this is a big no no for high speed signals. But in
this case, it's a asymmetric single stripline. The traces are 12 mils from a
split plane and 3mils from a solid plane. Can I expect a measurable effect on
my DDR3 1600 signals? I would like to simulate this with a 3d solver but I
don't have access to one.

Walter Haskell
Polycom. Inc.

List technical documents are available at: