[SI-LIST] Re: Curve Tracing IO pins at high state

  • From: "Ingraham, Andrew" <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:31:57 -0500

(I'm sending this again because it doesn't seem to have made it to the list
when I sent it before.)

YK Gian wrote:

> Any other ideas?

Yes.  Try tracing just a 50 ohm resistor on the curve tracer.

If this gives you the same results, your curve tracer may be at fault.

If everything is working right, you should see a straight line with the
50 ohm resistor, but it should be diagonal ... not vertical or horizontal
(stuck at 0V or 5V).

Regards,
Andy

> Andy, Patrick, Tom and all,
>
> This time I tried curve tracing a simple HC02(NOR gate) device to get a
> feel how the curve would look like before proceeding to more complex
> device. However, I am getting a similar result to what I've seen earlier.
> I am pretty sure that:-
>
> 1) the curve tracer is connected to the output pin
> 2) I've tried changing the current scale from uA to A
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Appreciate your help.
> YK Gian

List technical documents are available at: