[SI-LIST] Re: Curve Tracing IO pins at high state

  • From: "Patrick Zilaro" <pzilaro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yeekoy.gian@xxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:51:12 -0800

YK,

While holding the driver high, you need to sweep its output pin externally
while you measure the current across the source that you are sweeping with.
You need to do the same thing with the driver held low.  The tricky part is
subtracting out the clamping diodes.  If you can tri-state the driver into a
high impedance mode, then this will allow you to isolate the clamping diodes
that you can then subtract out.  Also, it sounds like you are using
measurement (I've only simulated IBIS models), so I'm not sure how you are
substracting out the effects of the IC package?

Hope this helps.

Patrick