[SI-LIST] Re: Board Layer Material Comparison

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Baze, Rick" <Rick.Baze@xxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:22:32 -0700

The advantage of all one material type is in process yields as well as in
supplier management.  It's hard to imagine why anyone would mix materials
as in your first example.  I'd stick with all one type and would never use
GETEK.  It doesn't have significant advantages and is harder to process.

If low loss is important, then use 4000-13SI or IS620.  If not, use 4000-13
or FR408.

Lee W. Ritchey
Speeding Edge
P. O. Box 2194
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
Phone- 707-568-3983
FAX-    707-568-3504

I just used the energy it took to be angry to write some blues.
Count Basie

materials to use and their related advantages and disadvantages.

> The current design has the top 8 layers using N4000-13 for signal/gnd,
the next 12 layers using GETEK for power/gnd, and the bottom 10 layers
again using N4000-13 for signal/gnd.

> The proposed design is all N4000-13 SI.
>
> The debate is what advantages/disadvantages there are between the two
designs besides the original design requiring longer, more expensive
processing.

> Feedback is greatly appreciated.
>
> Best Regards,
> Rick