[SI-LIST] Best board design for edge launch SMA to differential

  • From: "Bob Welte" <welte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:49:36 -0400

I am working on a high speed digital board (2.5Gbit/sec).  I am putting
some characterization coupons on it.  I am using edge launch SMA connectors
for connection back to our test equipment.  Since our signalling
environment is differential, and the test equipment attachment is via coax,
we need to transition from our differential environment to two single ended
edge launch SMA connectors.  We have two differential cases: coupled
microstrips with co-planar grounds, and coupled striplines.  I am looking
for specific board design recommendations for this transition region, or
perhaps a reference design where this has been done.  It seems like this
problem would have been solved many times before.
Thanks for any suggestions or help.
Bob Welte
IBM Microelectronics

List archives are viewable at: