[SI-LIST] Acceptable questions

  • From: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:03:35 -0700

In my opinion, I wish folks were less eager to chastise on this list.
While I share your sentiments about some of the questions, I also feel
as resentful (if not more so) towards the negative comments that
accompany them.

I think we are doing a disservice when we characterize a person as lazy,
etc. for asking a "silly" question.  It leads others to feel they might
become the object of the community's scorn, harassment, and wrath if
they ask a question which doesn't meet everybody's criteria for
acceptability.

My respect for Ray's administration of the list is immense, and I trust
him to address inappropriate postings in a firm, respectful manner
(which he does admirably).

I would leave the responsibility and privilege of censoring this list to
Ray - he's earned it, and proven capable of doing so in an exemplary
manner.

Jeff Loyer

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: