[SI-LIST] Re: Acceptable questions

  • From: "Ammu" <selvamaheshwari@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ndip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:30:56 -0500

Hello there,
There could be another reason why people use their HOTMAIL or YAHOO address.

Many fellows are using their company's .com address. That happens to be
their MAIN email address. Many a number of times, they keep their AUTO REPLY
option ON that says "Out of Office till Sep 31/Oct 31 st.... "

Just for posting something in the SI-LIST, we get deluged by these AUTO
we can ignore those emails, why can't we ignore the Qs from the newbies that
may not be of importance to us? May be somebody else who has JUST learnt
that topic can respond to that Q from the newbies. You are not FORCED to
oblige them. RESPONDING is purely YOUR CONCERN.

George Bush could be a member of the SI-LIST. But I wouldn't care if he's in
his office or out of his office. And I wouldn't wanna know that thru his
AUTO REPLY in my MAIN EMAIL address (My company's/University's email
address).

And again, the SI-LIST is not our personal property to DICTATE terms.
Anybody who's interested CAN join. They can post their Q as long as it's not
offensive.

The SI-List website itself says "si-list is a technically oriented mailing
list dedicated to the discussion and interchange of information on all
topics related to signal integrity.
si-list currently has over 3500 subscribers from around the world. The
members range from experts in the field in both industry and academia to
students and others interested in learning about the subject".

Nobody's asking you how to make FRENCH FRIES.
If a Q is not of any concern to you, just ignore it! Stop dissing the
newbies who post here. You can ADVISE them to study a lot. But nobody has
the right to call a person LAZY or something DEROGATORY.

This not only fits for the SI-LIST, but for our life too. You wouldn't care
if somebody in the tribal regions of africa fight with another for petty
reasons. Would you?? You just ignore the news in the newspaper. Don't you?
It's just like that!

If you don't like it, ignore.

Always, we should learn to control our TONGUE. Anything in this world can be
taken back. But the WORDS, once they come out of our mouth, CAN NOT be taken
back.

Hope I made some sense!

Cheers,
Ammu