[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: splitting hairs

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:40:58 +0000

For the most part, look at the difference between judging at the Specialties VS
the All Breeds.  You can GENERALIZE judging into two catagories - AB judges who
put up the typical "generic show dog" - clean at both ends with no glaring
faults but in many cases no glaring attributes either and Specialty judges who
put up the "superstar" with SOMETIMES glaring faults becasue he/she IS a
superstar.  Perhaps the  effect of the existing photos in the Illustrated
Standard?????
Before folks start flaming because of my statements I KNOW THERE ARE DOGS WHO
WIN IN BOTH RINGS - I OWN ONE OF TEHM!!!  I also know three are judges who do a
good job - in either ring.  I ARE ONE OF THEM!!! LOL  [Shut up!  I don't want
to hear negatives!!]

The breed has changed while remaining within the standard.  It is important
that the photos in the Illustrated Standard represent OR AT LEAST RESEMBLE dogs
we want to SEE winning in BOTH rings!  JMO.

Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of Ch Firedog, Ch Cookie, Ch Flair, BIS/BISS Ch Yancy, Ch Flash, and Lil'
Miss Dancer!! Website updated 11/04