[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: splitting hairs

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:02:23 -0400

I also think that when using photos or drawings, whether in a seminar or
in an Illustrated Standard, pictures of things that are wrong should NOT
be included.  If people with any kind of brain are innundated only with
what is right, it ought to register with them immediately when they see
something wrong.
    When you show people something that is incorrect, some of them will
remember that...by the time they enter the ring, they have the incorrect
image in their minds as the good one.  I've seen it happen so many times
that I've lost count...one judge who faulted a Pembroke puppy for having
big ears, because she'd twisted everything around in her mind (after
ages and ages of study) to think that little Pomeranian-type ears were
correct.  It didn't help that a lot of the corgis she saw had those
crappy little ears, of course.
    Don't show them anything that's wrong...let them find those things
for themselves!
Peggy