[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: sale to renters?how about a credit report

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:50:11 -0400

     You guys must be terrible judges of character!  I think it's awful
that none of you people who are arguing about this can trust your gut
reactions...........how many of you had to go through all these
questions when you got your first dog, show or otherwise?
    I realize it is fashionable to have prospective owners fill out
questionnaires and all that crap...but believe me, if you sent me a
questionnaire, you wouldn't like my response.  Not one bit.
        Not only that, you probably wouldn't enjoy getting the kind of
questionnaire that prospective puppy buyers are sending out now,
either... these dogs are going to be someone's pets, hopefully...and if
you haven't got enough gut instinct to spot a really bad person, then
you probably shouldn't be selling dogs to people, either.
    Run a credit report?  Ask if they own their own home?  Why not ask
them what religion they practice?  How about what level of education
they completed?  Do they eat red meat?  Will they send you Christmas
presents, or just cards?  Anything?   Why not ask what time of day they
take their daily shower?  How often they wash their hair?  At what
stores they shop for clothes?
      If you are that bad a judge of character, then you probably need
to change your hobby to one that doesn't involve living creatures.  I'll
be damned if some jerk would get a puppy from me just because he was an
MD, owned a mansion in the best part of the State, even his own private
plane...if I thought he was a stinker, he could go and fry ice before
he'd get much more from me in time, never mind a puppy...........
       Peggy