[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: >last I heard it was...

  • From: "Donna Jourdan" <donna183@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:27:34 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Galasso" <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Hey Lanalee:  Your last paragraph is sad and so unfair to those who would
be better qualified to do a National.  It's very unfair to the many better
breeder/judges out there...>

The sad thing about Lanalee's last paragraph was that she is RIGHT...I've
been involved in the breed long enough to know whom she is referring...

This judge got his license by virtue of having been a handler, but as a
handler he never finished a GSD(or any other breed for that matter)...he
also never finished a dog he owned or ever bred a dog that finished...

But he writes lots of articles and books, has major name recognition, and
did indeed judge the National...

> Maybe they should make those judges reapply for their license after they
meet the qualifications that others need to do...>

This will never happen...I recently found out that once a judge is licensed,
they can do no wrong according to AKC...there is a CSP being shown with a
disqualifying fault...he is a sable & tan pattern and our standard does not
allow patterning...he is within a major of finishing...when he took his
first points several breeder/exhibitors tried to file a protest and were
told that since the judge didn't DQ him then, in her opinion, he does NOT
have a DQ, so there was nothing we could do...that judge is applying for
additional breeds so several of us wrote letters being concerned that if she
didn't know and understand the standards of the breeds for which she was
already licensed how could she know and understand additional standards...we
each got a letter from AKC stating that she had passed the written breed
test and other requirements, so since she is approved to do our breed then
<essentially> her opinion is the one that counts, and we have no recourse...

SO, if the GSD judges were to choose to give points to a white GSD, that dog
could finish & AKC would do nothing to back up the breeder/exhibitor or the
standard!!!

Donna Jourdan/WINDSWEPT
Chinese Shar-Pei & German Shepherd Dogs
donna183@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx