[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: just a couple of thoughts

  • From: PlushPuppyOhio <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 05:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

Its my personal feeling that the current IS doesn't illustrate the dog that I
should be striving to produce.  It's not the next GV of our breed.   My hopes
for a NIS, would be to illustrate to others the magnificance of our breed.
Something that someone could refer to to say.... that is what our shoulders
should look like.  Or that is what correct rear extension should be.  Or that
is what I should be breeding for.

Who knows if its possible.... I just wish the IS would portray the perfection
and beauty our breed deserves, and didn't look "average" to the outsider or
newcomer viewing our standard.

Sean

Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No.  And yes, you missed something.  As I already said, the current IS does not
show an illustration or a drawing of a dog stacked in the pose preferred on
this continent (not just this country) as "excessive" or "incorrect."
Therefore, what is the point of doing a "new" version anyway?
Peggy

PlushPuppyOhio wrote:
And when you set a picture of these dogs next to the current illustrated
standard... you do see a close match?   I must be missing something!

http://mail.yahoo.com