[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: judging requirements

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:36:42 -0500

I don't think anyone ever said that there aren't a lot of us who take it
seriously.  However, I do know for a fact that there are people who get
approved for reasons that have nothing much to do with love of dogs, or
to share their expertise (because they have none), or anything other
than it does something for their psyches.  Of the two gentlemen I
mentioned in an earlier post, one (who previously had only paid bills)
got his license because he thought so long as he had to travel with his
wife, who was a judge and who had been the dog person of the two, he
might as well judge, too, and not have to pay extra money so he could
travel with her.
    And that's the truth.  I don't even know that he'd admit it
today...but I was sitting at dinner with the two of them when she was
doing her provisionals, and he said right then and there that if she was
going to go on with this, he was going to have to start judging, too.
At first I thought he was joking, but he set me straight...he was dead
serious.
Peggy