[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: for stud dog owners

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:36:52 -0800

Good and valid points on the chilled semen Christine.    We've thought along
those
lines ourselves more than once as the semen is checked at time of collection and
must have a high sperm count, be very motile and viable for chill down and to
stand
up to shipping and the warm up on the recieving end......and is re checked
again at
time of warm up, exam prep. before being used for implant on the bitch.
The biggest part of the success depends on the bitch owner using an experienced
and qualified Veterinarian that knows what they are doing and is willing and
able
to do the implant on the right day according to the progesterone readings and
not just according to their convenience.
We won't ship chilled semen for an A.I. just to try to insure success.   The
few times
we have had bitch owners INSIST on doing the transcervical implant against our
advice it has never worked either.....and we are stuck with the repeat.
With today's technology things have changed a lot.......except the great efforts
that stud owners have to go to for availability at the ring of a phone call for
the
progesterone rise........AND the GREAT expense to the bitch owner!!!!   <G>
That's what makes it hard.........

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>