[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: attack?

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:51:08 EST

In a message dated 11/19/2005 4:19:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Well,  you trained your dog obviously.   What about a  pup who has not
been around children who pull, scream, etc.   Three year olds can act
TERRIBLE!

Good temperament is an inherent quality of a good GSD, or any other  dog.
but esp in our breed.  Love and acceptance of children is  not trained it is a
quality in good GSDs that even Stephanitz was clear  about.  Nitro is a big
tough dog for example...tough as they  come.  You know what he absolutely
adores????  BABIES AND  TODDLERS.  He will go out of his way to go and slurp an
infant in a  stroller, dragging us behind.  A dog that would bite a child for
ANY
reason should not be allowed to breath, don't care how much hair or ear or
tail pulling or taking away of toys is done by the uneducated little
person.....some things you cannot give on....and a child aggressive GSD should
NEVER be
allowed to reproduce, or be tolerated by its owners.Unforgivable,  in my book
    Fault of temperament in our breed is a SERIOUS  fault, whether it is
cowardice, nervousness or child aggression, it cannot be  overlooked,
temperament
is what sets apart our great breed....

IMHO
Kathy

WEBSITE UPDATED: NOV 12, 2005

_http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com_
(http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/)
VICTORY  GSDs, There Is Something In A Name