[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Yet another New answer.

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:26:09 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/2005 12:02:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
> What Fred said, that we the judges are judging to establish what to  breed
> to, is something I do not subscribe to.

   That is not what I said I said we judge to find the dog who most closely
meets the requirements of the standard. Not the best showman. Now the people at
that show may be looking for breeding stock or to see how what they own /bred
stacks up with the competition. And they may or may not pay more attention to
what the judge likes. Obviously they want the judges opinion or they would
not be there. Now God forbid you would I know not tell people what to do with
their breeding program. In fact you are always telling people NOT to pay any
attention to you<G> . But if you like it or not you probably have influenced a
breeder or two with your decisions as a judge.       Fred
  PS If we are going to debate I will probably lose I am not a debator by
trade and I haven't your energy.