[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHO IS BREEDING

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Daphne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 19:14:26 -0800 (PST)

I find certain GSDs can be a throwback to past dogs as
genetics can play a role in this. There are those GSDs
of the past that can still impact the dogs today as they
were very prepotent and carried it on.

Now in the situation of a breeder mentioning their
GSD goes back to a certain dog does not everyone.
Do we not chose to buy or breed our dogs due to certain
famous ones in the past we liked?  I have my favorites
I look for in my GSDs background as I know most people
I know also do.

The health and temperament will always
be the most important thing to me and in this case the website
had a video of a dog with good temperament with titles and OFA
so didn't seem to be a backyard breeder.

I would much rather see a breeder like this than some of the others
out there mass producing designer colored dogs that are not
health tested with unstable temperament.

Theresa

On Sun, 2/2/14, Daphne <Daphne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Thanks Theresa for the link -
 unfortunately one appearance of any dog in a
 pedigree would not actually make the progeny of nearly 95
 years later a
 "direct" descendant nor would it make the dog from the
 "line" or "linebred."

 Breeders work very hard to develop "lines" - some that come
 to mind from the
 past (and not so past) are Bee Jays, Mi Noah, Richterbach,
 Covy Tucker
 Hills, Long Worth, Harpwood, Pedacres,  and so
 on.  These breeders worked
 for decades developing type and certain characteristics and
 many of them
 carefully mentored others to carry on their "lines."

 Personally I disagree with anyone who would intentionally
 try to use the
 hard work of someone else (without their permission) to
 foster their own
 agenda. It should not be about what someone else has done,
 but what you (the
 vernacular you) have done to preserve a particular breeders
 "line."

 Just because you have a dog that may trace back to say Alert
 of Mi Noah
 would that in and of itself entitle you to advertise you
 puppy 20
 generations later as a "direct' descendant?

 I would hope not. Another reason why we do NOT sell ANY
 breed dogs outside
 our very Strict breeding program. We protect what lee
 Duncan, Jannettia
 Brodsgaard Propps and I have worked the last nearly 100
 years to develop.

 Daphne Hereford
 Owner/Breeder
 Co-Owners/Breeders Kathy Carlton and Carol and Chelsea
 Riggins
 RIN TIN TIN Line Dogs
 www.HollywoodDogs.com

 Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 12:52:11 -0800 (PST)