[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Non-Existent/Non-Recognized Colors . . . and the Public

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, <sophoclesajax@xxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd-l'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 20:28:05 -0800

I wholeheartedly agree with Kathy.
It would be nice if the Parent Club had some graphics or photos of the
acceptable Standard Colors posted first thing on the web site....it could
solve a lot of the 'romance' with some of the off colors..... and a lot
of misinformation.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Depending on where the term came from it could be dealing with the
washed out colors now appearing in the GSD.

Barbara wrote a nice article several years ago on color which mentioned
this.

http://www.gsdcno.org/coat-colors.html

However, if it is a puppy mill or backyard breeder they probably hit the
news but
still is probably referring to the above information. Until the GSDCA and
AKC
allow the designer colors these breeders decide to breed to either become
another
breed it is going to get worst.  As their a puppy buyers out there that like
something different they are a easy market for these breeders.  They are the
first to complain though when something goes wrong.  Anytime you see one
of these breeders all you need to do is type in compliant with their name or
the
Kennel name they use into Google  and you will be surprised of what comes
up.
Theresa

It's going to happen.  We're #2 in registrations and a whole lot of
nonsense is
going to be pushed.  That's why a while back I made and placed  a "No fad
colors"
graphic right on the front of my web site.

Sure wish the PC would take the steps the Frenchie  and Rotti clubs  have
taken to place a strongly worded blip on their web site re fad colors, fad
sizes (oversized and now "minis") etc. to educate the puppy buying  public.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/
On Sat, 2/1/14, Cindy <sophoclesajax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  To: Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014, 7:20 PM

 "Black Wash" German Shepherd  Okay, what IS this? Seriously . . . this is
about the
fifth time I've seen this term used lately, among the public and in media.

 What on earth is a "black wash" or a "silver wash" GSD? Huh? Am I missing
something?

 If this is another made up name for an already designated
 type . . . it's becoming a pet peeve.
 I understand B/T (and its variations . . . Black & Red, saddle to blanket
 and extended blanket), Sable (and its variations), Black, and Bi Color as
 correct colors and patterns.
 I understand White, Liver, and Blue (faulty colors). And I understand
 faded, washed out versions of the correct colors and patterns are just
 that, faded, washed out and therefore faulty.

 Is it meant to describe one of the above?

http://showgsd.org/mail.html