[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: U.S. Air/ no pets/another story

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:00:01 -0700

Peggy, what you suggest actually has happened in the past. It was in the
60's. There wasn't an embargo or big gas prices, airline mergers etc. that
prevented people from flying dogs by air. It just wasn't done as much as
now.
A fairly well known lady named Audrey St. John Ortega had a nice Champion
male(his name escapes me at the moment...Tom and Viv Brown could jog my
memory their memories are like the archives).
When ever Audrey flew with her dog she wore dark glasses and used a cane.
Both she and the dog were well trained to "play the part" of a blind master
and the guide dog. Audrey's husband as I recall was in the movie business,
he probably was their coach.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA