[ SHOWGSD-L ] Driving Cost

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:03:19 EDT

Terry is right, we drove from the middle of the USA to Oregon but it took us
3 days instead of four and we took three dogs so driving was cheaper than
flying and we could not get a direct flight anyway.

We figure that $200 a day for expenses is what it takes to travel anymore.
Bet a few of the handlers who drive can verify this.

However, I do not see what being a member of the GSDCA has to do with where
the National is located.  I still think it is a good feeling to belong to the
GSDCA and be a part of our German Shepherd Dog Family.  Think of the friends
you have gained over the years, the places you have seen, the dogs you have
seen
and the Standard we keep trying to rewrite.  It has been a very fun and
worthwhile ride, wouldn't change a thing and would not have missed this dance.

Lew