[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To Be (A Purist) Or Not To Be ....All Breeds

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, Lealynn@xxxxxxx, acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:24:00 EST

Everybody to their own, of course, but I've never had to watch the landmines
of dog poo at the AB shows that I've gone to, any more than I do at Specialty
shows.   O.K., held at parks, we can't be sure the piles ALL belong to GSDs
:-).    But I do love to walk around with my GSD and have all the public that
is
visiting the dog show, stop me and ask to take pictures or talk to me about
whichever one I have with me.   ANd I LOVE to see the poodles, the pugs, the
whippets, and whatever I happen to be passing by.    OH! and the JR. SHow!
30
or 40 kids all dressed up working their hearts out, great, great experience
watching that.
And at specialties, I love hanging around talking with my friends, seeing the
dogs dripping wet, then gorgeous an fluffed, seeing all the gorgeous animals
running the ring, and when the handlers get tired, half the ring....:-).
Love the raffles, the silent auctions, the picture taking, the puppies, the
noise
and excitement.

We can enjoy both or not, it's easy.

Stormy
In a message dated 12/14/05 5:06:18 PM, marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:

> From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx; >
> > I HATE all breed shows because the parking always sucks and Shepherds
> always
> > go in at 8am.....Bah Humbuh~!> > Liz
>
>                       ********************************************
>
> It isn't so much the 8 a.m. start....it's that they are all over by 10 a.m.
>   I like
> spending
> the day visiting and looking at dogs after driving for a few hours and
> bathing dogs
> and
> getting to the show......add to that the ring that is so small you are just
> SURE it is
> meant
> for the Toy Breeds!!!   YIKES!!!   The Clubs that put on the All Breeds
> won't even
> begin
> to listen when we beg for bigger outdoor rings.   Even when they do put them
> outdoors
> they are Toy Breed size.     Pose....two turns....they're over!!!!
> All of the people that think GSD Specialty people "should"  enter All Breeds
> so they
> will
> change and give us larger rings are wrong in my opinion.    As long as they
> get any
> kind of reasonable entry......they will never change the rings because they
> don't
> care.
>
> ( I know I will hear now about the "exceptions"......but I sure can't find
> them.   )
>
> Also......I really HATE all the "land mines"  of dog poo on your way to the
> ring....on
> the
> sidewalks, walkways, roads, parking lots,  everywhere!!!!!   You have to
> watch every
> step!
> I hate watching the Terriers encouraged to 'face off' and pee on every thing
> that is
> upright....

Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com