[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just Plain Dog Shows

  • From: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, Lealynn@xxxxxxx, acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:16:27 EST

From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx;  >
> I HATE all breed shows because the parking always sucks and  Shepherds
always
> go in at 8am.....Bah Humbuh~!> > Liz
It isn't so much the 8 a.m.  start....it's that they are all over by 10 a.m.
  I like  spending
the day visiting and looking at dogs after driving for a few hours  and
bathing dogs
and getting to the show......add to that the ring that is  so small you are
just SURE it is
meant for the Toy Breeds!!!    YIKES!!!   The Clubs that put on the All
Breeds won't even
begin  to listen when we beg for bigger outdoor rings.   Even when they do
put them outdoors
they are Toy Breed size.  Pose....two turns....they're  over!!!! All of the
people that think GSD Specialty people "should" enter All  Breeds so they will
change and give us larger rings are wrong in my  opinion.  As long as they get
any kind of reasonable entry......they will  never change the rings because
they don't care.
( I know I will hear now  about the "exceptions"......but I sure can't find
them.    )

Also......I really HATE all the "land mines"  of dog poo on your  way to the
ring....on the
sidewalks, walkways, roads, parking lots,   everywhere!!!!!   You have to
watch every step!
I hate watching the  Terriers encouraged to 'face off' and pee on every thing
that is
upright....

Kill me now......<G>........but let me die at a GSD  Specialty Show with a
huge ring!!

Carolyn
Liz &  Carolyn.......
Orange Coast GSDC has  always provided a BIG RING....and judging is always at
10  am.
Santa Ana VAlley  Kennel Club provides a BIG RING for an AB...and judging is
never at 8  am.
Tom & I have  worked hard for both those clubs for far too many years to
remember.  I think the poo sentry at SAVKC is  efficient. Just try to imagine
what
it takes to put on an AB show  and you might show some mercy on the hard
working club members who provide you  an oportunity to show under judges we
hope
are worthy of  your entry.  Finding a facility for  an AB show is almost
impossible in the So Cal area, and many of the shows will  be folding in the
future.
viv

Vivian Brown
Santa Ana,  CA