[ SHOWGSD-L ] The hysteria is growing...

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:55:30 EDT

Following are those cities/towns that are considering/enacted BSL that has
come to the attention of
BSL-Updates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

New counties upporting California's proposed amendment to the SB861, for
mandatory spay/nueter of certain breeds.
Tehama County, CA
Napa City & County

Pit bull controversy spurs proposed change in state; local leaders signal
support

HESSTON, Kansas, Aug 01, 2005 -- Vicious dogs are coming under attack once
again. This time it's in the city of Hesston, Kansas. Owning a terrier may soon
be illegal in Hesston. The Harvey County city is joining a growing list of
communities across the country that want to bar ownership of terriers,
rottweillers and pit bulls.

Grandview . Missouri has just enacted a BSL.

Possible Dog Ban In Wheeling WV
http://www.wtov9.com/news/4806361/detail.html
Wheeling City Councilman Barry Crow says he is reacting to several recent dog
attacks. Crow says banning pit bulls could save a life. Crow says he is
reacting to recent dog attacks in Wheeling.

"I don't know if we're going to completely ban them. That is what I am going
to recommend. They're a dangerous animal. It's not like having a mixed bread
dog."

From www.rott-n-chatter.com/rottweilers/laws/breedspecific.html

 Sparta, Tennesse
 Taylor Mill, Kentucky