[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The handlers and the Shadow knows

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:37:17 -0700

I remember at a show many years ago when Fred M was judging..at the dinner
after he made a comment that stuck.. (yep! every once in a while one does!!)

Fred will always ask for a loose lead and you just won't win if he doesn't
get it..
But what he told us was
"If you KNOW your dog has a fault, defect or whatever that will be seen on a
loose lead.. DON'T DO IT.."
His rationale was that when he sees the fault, your dog won't win, if he
doesn't see a loose lead, your dog won't win.. so why show the crowd the
faults???
I have never forgotten that.. it is simply a part of the game...
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com/litters.htm
New litter born august 12/05!!
6 girls, 5 boys - 3 black boys, 2 black girls!