[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question / answers on blacks/more

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>, <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <CDRHVN@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:36:38 -0800

You can never judge the numbers unless you do a LOT of breeding
with the same dogs.   I'm told it balances out...but I never
breed enoug.... or push it to find out.   <G>
Again...in the case of your dogs mentioned...both the coat and
the black factor would be so easy to breed out if you wanted to.
<G>
Given a choice...if we are interested in two studs...I will almost
always opt for the one that does not carry the coat factor if one
of the two does not.   We have never bought into the thinking that
"you have to breed to a coat occasionally to get a nice plush coat."
Most of our dogs do not carry the coat factor, and some of our
plushest coats have not.   Blacks are fine with us obviously.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com