[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PAWS-lawmanshepherds and all other rescues/fosters

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx, RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 03:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

Some see sensible posts, and want to learn more, ( such as myself ) others post
on hysteria. ( the sky is falling )

If you, Peggy/etal , see this as AKC propaganda ( lies ) , and obviously as
such do not trust them, will you be registering any pups under them? If so,
why?

I am assuming you have read the latest bulletins?

Colleen Donnelly

Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, Ginger. After all the information some of us have been posting
to the list (not hysteria, but sensible reports) it's amazing to me how
many people are buying into the AKC's self-serving propaganda.
Peggy
RihadinK9@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Ahh.... I beg to differ. What Colleen posted (nothing personal Colleen!!!)
>is the "spin" from AKC....
>
>There is absolutely NO guarantee of any of that....
>
>First... AKC's Lobbyist, Dr Holt asserts that Rescue does not have to worry
>unless they are "selling" dogs for "compensation or profit". Two things....
>Unlike his assertion about hobby kennels, Dr Holt concludes, WITHOUT SUPPORT,
>that "there is no reason to believe" the USDA would change their regulation
>to cover rescuers.
>
>"Commerce" means trade, traffic, transportation or other commerce.
>"Compensation" means even and adoption fee.
>
>According to Dr Holt... "USDA does not now regulate non-profit entities when
>they would otherwise qualify as a dealer, and "and there is no reason to
>believe" they would do so with the enactment of PAWS.
>
>Rescues are not now regulated because AWA ONLY REGULATES WHOLESALE SALES.
>PAWS abolishes the wholesale/retail distinction.
>
>"Compensation" does NOT require "profit". Adoption fees are
>"compensation"... even if they are not sufficient to actually cover expenses.

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz

Whoever will only draw conclusions from the eminence of his own particular
point of view, will obtain a distorted picture. Max von Stephanitz

http://mail.yahoo.com